Learning About Whales

Sunday, April 25, 2021

This last week we did so many fun Learning Activities with Experience Early Learning Curriculum 
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use  Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. 
In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge.
I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017..
Circle Time
During circle time I shared the Whale Conversation Poster with the children . I invited them to share their knowledge about Whales. 
Some things the Children shared with us are:
1. Whales are very Big.
2.They breathe air through a blowhole.
3. They have big teeth.
What I shared with the children:
1.Whales are the largest animals on earth.
2.Some Whales’ teeth resemble a brush.
3.They often communicate with each other through “whale songs.”

Breathe Like a Whale 
I explained to the children that whales are mammals and have lungs like humans. They breathe air in and out through a blowhole. 
During Art the children blew through a straw while blowing paint. Before blowing the paint they pretended it was a blowhole breathing in and out.

Whale Blowing Art
Creative Art Fun

For Art the children made the cutest whale. 🐳 
The children used a straw to blow paint across the whale shape. They stuck on the eye, drew a face, attached the straw through the blowhole and inserted tissue paper in the straw.
 Cutest Whale Ever! ❤️


Whale Bubbles 


The letter of the week was Ww. Whale was on the color sheet and that called for some Whale Bubbles. 
The children dipped the blue pompoms in paint to creat Whale Bubbles on the page. 
The children loved this activity! 




After a great day of learning about Whales what song 🎶 could be  better than “Baby Beluga.”


Baby Beluga by Raffi

It was a Super Awesome Week  in Pre-K Four Learning About Large Sea Creatures!
Mrs. Vonda.
Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments