The Rainbow Fish

Sunday, April 25, 2021

This last week we did so many fun Learning Activities with Experience Early Learning Curriculum 
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use  Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. 
In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge.
I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017..

Story Time and Circle Time 
Every time I teach about the Ocean I love to include the book The Rainbow Fish. I love early literacy and teaching from stories.
As I read the story to the children I love watching their faces as they get into the story. I have been teaching for 28 years and their sweet reactions are always the same! ❤️

The children learned that Rainbowfish are small and live in tropical waters.The older they are the more colorful they are. They usually swim together in a school.



We discussed how Rainbow Fish like to swim in a School. We compared it to the fish in the book “Swimmy.”
They stayed together to stay safe.
The children also discussed what colors they saw in the Rainbow Fish Conversation Poster.





Creative Art 

They were excited to make their own Creative Art
Rainbow Fish



They painted their fish shapes, added an eye  and chose scales they wanted to decorate with  .They turned out beautiful!


School of Fish Game

This can be played as Group Game or as a table game number recognition & counting game.





Fun Number Game 




Colorful Rainbowfish Game 



With this game the children rolled the cube and identified the color and placed that color piece on the
Rainbowfish Outline.




The children worked together and finished the game until all the white area was full on the fish shape. They had so much fun!





Another book suggestion is :
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish,Blue Fish
By Dr.Seuss





We had a super week in Pre-K learning about Small Sea Creatures!
Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments