The Five Senses

Friday, September 18, 2020



This last week we did so many fun Learning Activities with Experience Early Learning Curriculum . Our Theme this month is All About Me  and today I am sharing some of the Activities we did. 
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use  Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. 
In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge.
I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017. This Curriculum has been a True Blessing for me and my students! ❤️

The 2nd week at preschool was truly Awesome! We had such a Wonderful Week! Only one of my students was still out of town and he will join us next week. We are having such a great time of Learning Together! It is so fun watching their new friendships grow! 
This last week our Theme was The Five Senses.

Circle Time - Five Senses
During Circle Time we discussed our  five senses and I included  the My Five Senses Game pictured below.
We looked at the My Senses Spinner Card Together and I asked the children “What do you see?” They said I see a hand , an eye, a ear, a mouth and nose. I asked “What do you do with your eyes?”, “ What do you do with your ears?”Your nose? Your mouth? Hands? 
Then I flipped the senses cards face down and chose one card at a time and asked the children which sense goes with the picture. Example: Nose - skunk & rose  
I then placed this fun game in the Science Center for the children to continue to enjoy learning about the senses. Such a Wonderful Hands on Game for introducing and  learning about the five senses.



Learning About Smell 
Creative Art
Flower Designs 



The children made Beautiful Flower Creations because we learned about the sense of Smell! They stretched their soufflé cups and then painted them. They waited for them to dry and a green popsicle stick was added for a stem. They were so excited to take their flowers home to show their families. They were so proud of their creations.

We discussed Smells! We discussed how some smells are good and some smells are bad.

When we smell cookies 🍪 baking that is a good smell!
The children agreed that a skunk would be a bad smell! 

Sharing a cute Flower Song: 🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻
Five Fine Flowers ( In the tune of “Fere Jacques”)
Five fine flowers, five fine flowers,
Blowing in the breeze, blowing in the breeze.
Joey picked a red one, Joey picked a red one,
And made a sneeze!
AH-chooooo! 






Learning About Sound 

Circle Time 
Sound Fun - Loud & Quiet 
I explained to the children that sometimes we are loud and sometimes we are quiet. Each child received a bell so we could play a game called “Loud & Quiet “. They really enjoyed this game! Every time I held up the loud sign they rang their bells as loud as possible. Every time I held up the quiet sign they quit ringing their bells. They thought this was 
Hilarious!  We then discussed times that we are quiet and times we can be very loud. 
 
We would be quiet if we went to a library.
We would be very loud at a football game.




Creative Art
Bowl Instrument

The children created their own instruments. They decorated bowls with markers and stretched rubber bands
around them to make sounds. They enjoyed their instruments  so much and finally put them away for lunch! Lol! 🤣
They loved ❤️ decorating them!






Learning About Taste
Noodle Bracelet

 Certain foods get soft when we cook them. First they are crunchy and after we cook them they change. This happens with noodles, carrots and potatoes.
For Creative Art the children made noodle bracelets out of uncooked noodles. We discussed different ways we like noodles cooked! Spaghetti and Macaroni & Cheese were two popular ones.
We love the way noodles taste!





Small Group Literacy - Introduction to Sight Words 
It Smells Sight Word Reader
Name Writing Practice 



Each Child received a I Can Read Book. We all went to the front cover. I told them this is the cover of your book and on the cover is the title. I pointed to each word and read the title. I asked the children to point to the words and read along as well.

 We continued reading through the book and pointing to all the words.
On the last page the children were able to add their own drawing and word to finish the story. 



Each month the children will receive a sight word reader which introduces them to sight words before entering kindergarten. 
The children also traced their names on their nameplates. In Pre-K it is important that the children learn that only the first letter of their name should be written in uppercase and the other letters in lowercase.


We had such a Wonderful Time of Learning with Experience Early Learning. I can’t wait to share next Time’s Learning Adventures.
See you Soon,

Mrs. Vonda - Pre-K Teacher,
Blog Ambassador and Program Director 


Mrs. Laura - My Awesome Classroom Assistant 

Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments