Songs, Rhymes and Fingerplays with Mother Goose Time

Thursday, June 22, 2017
One of my most favorite times of the school day is Music Time. I love watching the children get involved and I love seeing their faces. their smiles, the laughter and the silliness.One of their favorite things to say is "Let's do it again". They can't get enough. When the songs and rhymes relate to the theme it just brings it all together.
Listed are this month's Alphabet Island theme days and songs/rhymes/finger plays:

Island- Down in the Ocean is a little island
Boat- Row your Boat
Captain-The Captain Says
Wind-If it's Windy and You Know It
Sunshine-The Beautiful Sun
Crab-One Crab, Two Crabs
Sand Castles-Sand Castles are Falling
Shells-She Sells Sea Shells
Sunglasses-My Sunglasses
Sunscreen-If You're Putting Sunscreen On
Treasure Map-One Little Treasure

Volcano-Volcanoes Waiting
Caves-Brave in the Cave
Coconut Tree-Way Up High
Waterfall-Water Falling Down
Luau-Setting up a Luau
Island Dancing-I'm a Island Dancer
Surfing-Brave Little Surfers
Island Music-If You Like Music
Sunset-Day is Done


Children gain many important skills during Music Time. Such as Phonological Awareness, Concepts of Print, Listening Comprehension, Number Concepts, Gross Motor, Social Skills and more.

Some of my favorites this month are One Crab, Two Crabs , One Little Treasure, Sand Castles are Falling , Volcanoes Waiting and more. They all they involve a lot of interaction and that is what children love. Suggested interaction activities are above each rhyme or song in the Teacher Guide Book.   https://www.mothergoosetime.com/  Music can be a wonderful way to end the school day.

                                                                                           


Every month the theme curriculum from Mother Goose Time includes the Circle Time Song Ring.It also includes the Theme related Music CD. All such wonderful resources.

Disclaimer

I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Mother Goose Time has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.







Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments