Ice & Snow

Sunday, December 6, 2020

This last week we did so many fun Learning Activities with Experience Early Learning Curriculum . Our Theme this month is Ice Castle and today I am sharing some of the Activities we did. 
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use  Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. 
In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge.
I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017. This Curriculum has been a True Blessing for me and my students! ❤️

My Favorite Time 
This is my favorite time of the year. I love the cooler weather in Texas. I love the sights and smells. Most of all I love the magic and the reason for the season.

Coronavirus and the Preschool 
During the middle of the Holiday Season with the coronavirus cases rising up so high in Texas it is making things harder on the preschool and local schools.
Teachers and Students are having to quarantine. Last week I had 3 staff members out of 6 out in one day due quarantine regulations. Thankfully none were ill. We have one more week left before Christmas Break so I am praying we continue to have enough staff  & substitutes and that everyone stays well.





Experience Early Learning at Home or at School 

Ice Castle Theme 

My granddaughter was under temporary quarantine so she enjoyed some of the Wonderful Activities from the Ice Castle Theme. It is Awesome & Wonderful how you can use Experience Early Learning Curriculum at home or in the classroom with your children. It is even more perfect during this time of uncertainty.

Hanging Snowflake 

Snow only forms in really cold clouds. A snowflake has 6 sides and each is unique.
How many points will your snowflake have?

Ariana created this Beautiful Snowflake using craft sticks, crayon, glitter and glue. 

Falling Snowflake ( A rhyme with each child’s name)
Ariana is a snowflake falling down,
Floating from the clouds to the ground.
If it is cold, then she will stay,
But when it’s warm, she melts away.

Snowman Names
We can pack snow together to make art.
What shapes do you see on a Snowman?
For this activity the children write one letter of their name on each circle with an extra circle for the head to decorate.
This activity is excellent for name and letter recognition.




Experiencing Snow
In December 2017 We were blessed with one Beautiful night of snow. The next morning before the sun could melt it away we were able to get a few photos and have some snow fun.
One of Ariana’s wishes for a very long time was to see snow and it finally came true.

Ariana loved the snow. She said it was fluffy & glittery and she liked making snowballs but her hands felt like ice cubes.
For Ariana the opportunity to experience a real snow was truly amazing.


Icicles are formed when snow starts to melt and drip off rooftops. They can grow in length by melting and  then freezing again.
  

Torn Icicles

Creating Torn Icicles with foil, paper, paint and pipe cleaners.

Drip, drip, drip, icicle,
Drip, drip, drip, icicle, 
Freeze !

Torn Icicle Art

The children love this creative art activity!

This was only a few activities from Week l .
I am Looking Forward to Week Two - Alpine Tundra.

See you Soon, ❄️ 

Mrs. Vonda - Pre-K Teacher,
Blog Ambassador and Program Director 

Mrs. Laura - My Awesome Classroom Assistant 

Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments