Rainforest Floor Layer

Sunday, November 8, 2020





This last week we did so many fun Learning Activities with Experience Early Learning Curriculum . Our Theme this month is Explore the Rainforest and today I am sharing some of the Activities we did. 
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use  Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. 
In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge.
I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017. This Curriculum has been a True Blessing for me and my students! ❤️

Jaguars 
This week we started our new theme - Explore the Rainforest. Jaguars are an animal in the Rainforest.
Jaguars live in the forest floor layer.They have spots on their fur and are good at hiding. Jaguars are fast and can leap from tree to tree. They are an endangered species.




Jaguars are endangered because people are destroying their habitats. An endangered species is any type of plant or animal that is in danger of disappearing forever. A habitat is a place that an animal lives. It provides the animal with food, water and shelter. 


J Is for Jaguar 


For Creative Art the children made. a  J for Jaguar. They decorated the Jaguars with dots and attached the eyes & whiskers.

How big is a Real Jaguar?
The jaguar is the third biggest cat in the world - after the tiger and the lion - and is the largest cat in the Americas. They can grow up to 170cm long, not including their impressive tails which can be up to 80cm.



How far can a Jaguar jump?
A jaguar can leap 10 feet high off the ground, 





Big Breath Names and Syllable Practice 


Trees give people and animals like the Jaguar fresh breath.
The children practiced writing their names on the the monkey nameplates.
They then put them face down and mixed them up.
They selected one and took a deep breath for each syllable in the name chosen.







This month our journal is a
Rainforest Journal 


Each child is encouraged to draw themselves in the rainforest and add animals to the cover if desired.
They also get more name writing practice by writing their name on the front of the cover.


Inside the Journal there are journaling ideas along with Letter M, J &D and Number 5&6 tracing pages.
This month it also features the Shape- Hexagon and Color- Green.


 
A Fun Song to Do at Closing Time:  
🐆 🍄 
Invite children to sit on a towel and pretend it is a lily pad.

Music and Movement 
Jungle Layers
Sung to the tune of “The farmer in the Dell” 




We had such a Wonderful Time of Learning with Experience Early Learning. I can’t wait to share next Time’s Learning Adventures.
See you Soon,

Mrs. Vonda - Pre-K Teacher,
Blog Ambassador and Program Director 

Mrs. Laura - My Awesome Classroom Assistant 





Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments