Rainforest Canopy Layer

Saturday, November 28, 2020

 



This last week we did so many fun Learning Activities with Experience Early Learning Curriculum . Our Theme this month is Explore the Rainforest and today I am sharing some of the Activities we did. 
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use  Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. 
In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge.
I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017. This Curriculum has been a True Blessing for me and my students! ❤️

Snakes
During our time out of school I did some Snake Activities with my Granddaughter from the Rainforest Theme.  During the summer she enjoyed the curriculum as well so she was so excited to experience it again.

The Big Anaconda 
We discussed how the Green Anaconda is the largest snake in the world. It can grow to be 30 feet and over 500 pounds!

Small Group Math

Building a Snake 

Ariana worked to build the snake by matching the designs.
She started off building a snake but soon figured out that she needed to start over because it was too short.





So she took the pieces apart and started over.





She was actually able to build two snakes with all the pieces.



How do you think snakes move?



Creative Art
Snakeskin

We talked about the scaly texture of snakeskin and how to use the bubble wrap to make it like snakeskin. Ariana painted textures on her paper in the shape of a snake.




She put the color on the bubble wrap and then pressed it onto to the paper.




 After making the snake shape , she drew the snake head.



In the Classroom Questions to Ask:
What would you do if you saw a snake?
How can you move like a snake?

Classroom Activity:
Place 30 sheets of paper on the floor in one long line and tape the sheets together. Let the children explore walking along the snake path.Work together to decorate and then tape on wall.


Snake Letters
This is a cute Early Literacy Game. The children select a Uppercase Snake and have it move along the Forest to the Matching Lowercase Tree.






Here is a matching set up close.


 Below, the children choose a snake card from the stack.

This is a super fun Early Literacy Game that the children will love and play again & again. ❤️ 🐍 🌳 


See you Soon,

Mrs. Vonda - Pre-K Teacher,
Blog Ambassador and Program Director 

Mrs. Laura - My Awesome Classroom Assistant 


Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments