Let’s Celebrate Thanksgiving

Sunday, November 22, 2020

This last week we did so many fun Learning Activities with Experience Early Learning Curriculum . Our Theme this month is Explore the Rainforest and today I am sharing some of the Activities we did. 
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use  Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. 
In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge.
I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017. This Curriculum has been a True Blessing for me and my students! ❤️

Let’s Celebrate Thanksgiving 




This Last Week We Celebrated Thanksgiving . The children learned about the first Thanksgiving. How the Pilgrims sailed from Europe on the Mayflower to settle in Plymouth. The winter was very cold and many Pilgrims got sick and did not live through the winter.. The Native Americans helped them They helped them to plant corn and taught them about growing pumpkins, beans, peas and other crops. In the Fall the harvest was bountiful. The Pilgrims wanted to show their thankfulness & appreciation to the tribes for their wisdom and kindness with a feast.
The Native Americans came to the feast and they all celebrated for 3 days.
 
The Children were very  interested in learning about the First Thanksgiving. During this week I extended it into my learning centers.
 


In Dramatic Play there were dress up clothes and foods for a Pretend Feast.


At the link below I downloaded this awesome packet from 
Experience Early Learning.

It contains games, circle time suggestions, snack ideas and more. It is an amazing resource to have when planning your Thanksgiving Celebration.



A Cute Circle Time Song 
Sung to the tune “Hokey Pokey”
Turkey Waddle 



Learning About Chores Pilgrims Did and All About a Pilgrim Girl’s Day



Thankful Turkey 
What are you thankful for?
For this activity you add a feather for each child and write what he or she is thankful for.

  
The children in my class made thankful placemats for our Thanksgiving Feast. Each child added what they are thankful for. 










The packet included a cute snack idea -
Turkey Snack and Corn Painting.





Here are a few photos from Our Thanksgiving Feast 










The packet also includes some really cute games.
Turkey Bowling 
Stuff the Turkey 









These could also be used in other ways . The number turkeys could be made into a math game and stuff the turkey bag, close it up & use it as a prop in dramatic play.




Awesome Sensory Ideas




A Sensory Activity from my Classroom 










Fun Thanksgiving Celebration Activities we did in class.


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

We had such a Wonderful Time of Learning with Experience Early Learning. I can’t wait to share next Time’s Learning Adventures.
See you Soon,

Mrs. Vonda - Pre-K Teacher,
Blog Ambassador and Program Director 

Mrs. Laura - My Awesome Classroom Assistant 

 

Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments