Seasons

Saturday, October 10, 2020
Fall, Winter, Summer and Spring 



This last week we did so many fun Learning Activities with Experience Early Learning Curriculum . Our Theme this month is Weather and Seasons and today I am sharing some of the Activities we did. 
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use  Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. 
In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge.
I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017. This Curriculum has been a True Blessing for me and my students! ❤️

Circle Time and Music Time 
Each day during Circle Time one of the things we go over is Seasons. We discuss how many seasons there are in a year  . What their names are. What kind of weather there usually is for each season. What kind of clothes we wear for each season. Since we go over the seasons every day the children soon recognize the season words. This last week the children were very excited to do the  activities included in the curriculum for seasons. We had so much fun! 

Here is a Fun Song for Summer 
To the tune Frere Jacques
In the summer, in the summer,
Green birds sing, green birds sing.
1,2,3,4,5,6,
7,8,9, and 10
Fly to green, fly to green.



This last week our Topics for Learning were: 
Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring and Seasonal Clothing 

This is a Creative Art Activity the children completed.


 
Fall Leaves 
We discussed the colors of Fall! The children told me that they see orange, red, yellow, brown and green leaves outside. In our sensory and dramatic play center the children can gather leaves 🍃 🍁 and pine cones. 
I asked the children “How do you know it is Fall”?
Their answer was “It is Fall, because leaves are falling.”
The children loved painting the leaf creations with fall color paints and the leaf shape stencil.





Matching Weather 



What goes together?
During this game the children matched 
the correct cards that belonged together.
Such as:
Sunglasses goes with Sun
Umbrella goes with Rain
Snowsuit goes with Snow 
I started with putting the cards face down but I changed the cards to face up and let them make the matches that way. 
It was more enjoyable for the children to see the photos instead of guessing.
They enjoyed playing this game of classification.






Letter Nn
Last week our letter of the week was Letter Nn. 



The children traced Upper and Lower Case Nn. They made the letter Nn Sound. They did a N Craft. I read them a Nn Story. Then we saw what was in  the Nn Suitcase.




We had so much fun learning about the letter Nn.



Wake Up Spring!
Nature wakes up in the Spring.
The snow starts to melt as the air becomes warmer. Plants start budding. birds start chirping. bears crawl out of dens and flowers bloom.  
 
For Creative Art  the children made a
 Blooming Flower Puppet



It turned out Adorable! They made their flowers and colored the cups. Then they added the grass. 

 We helped them to add a straw to make it a blooming flower puppet.



They loved their flower puppets!


A Few Extra Centers for Weather and Seasons 

Dress the Bear for the Weather 





Word Wall Words in the Writing Center 
Encouraging Writing 



We had such a Wonderful Time of Learning with Experience Early Learning. I can’t wait to share next Time’s Learning Adventures.
See you Soon,

Mrs. Vonda - Pre-K Teacher,
Blog Ambassador and Program Director 

Mrs. Laura - My Awesome Classroom Assistant 

Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments