You Are Special

Wednesday, July 22, 2020



This last week we did so many fun Learning Activities with Experience Early Learning Curriculum . Our Theme this month is Friends and Feelings and today I am sharing some of the Activities we did. 
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use  Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. 
In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge.
I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017. This Curriculum has been a True Blessing for me and my students! ❤️ 


Friends and Feelings is such a Fun Theme! It is a Theme I have used before for Back to School so this is one of my Favorite Themes because I Love Back to School! It is such an exciting time! 


Places to Meet Friends 
During the first weeks of school we make many new friends.
We do fun activities during Circle Time, Journaling Time, Learning Centers and throughout the day with our new friends.
During Circle Time a fun song to sing with our new friends is
DO YOU LIKE...?
Sung to tune of The Muffin Man
Insert a food word , activity, color , etc.

DO YOU LIKE
Do you like the color blue, πŸ’™
The color blue, The color blue? πŸ’™
Do you like the color blue, πŸ’™
Then stand up now.
And repeat with other words.

Another Back to School Circle Time Activity we enjoyed in the past was passing a small mirror around. As the mirror went around the children would say something about themselves. Like I have brown eyes or I have curly hair. 

With the current situation we could change this up a little. Each child could bring their Me puppet to the circle time rug instead and tell us about it and about themself.



 
My Friendship Journal 


For the friendship journal I would invite the children to draw themself and a friend on the cover.

 
They could also complete the fun activities inside the journal  about their favorite things.

I also set out a large piece of paper and my grandchildren created a map for a back to school game.
Where would you like to meet your friends?

 
They drew streets and buildings & paths.


They glued on the pieces for the Ice cream shop, Library, Park and the School was the last spot. Then they were ready to play the game.

Our Meeting Game
They made up their own game called “Places Friends Meet”.
They had a blast! They rolled their die, moved that many spaces and met their friends at fun places! ❤️ This is a fun Back to School Game!





You are Special 
For Art the children made a special tree. It was called an -
I Am Special Tree . They traced their hands for the branches and their arms for the trunks. They put red stickers for apples.

The children could also use red paint to make finger print apples instead of using red stickers. This art project is great for Back to School! There are so many fun Apple StoryBooks to go with this great craft.





Special Faces 

My granddaughter tried making the different Feeling Faces
but it was a little hard! πŸ˜‚ That is because she couldn’t quit laughing!πŸ˜† 



She finally did one face without laughing! 😝 It was her pretty smile!



We had such a Wonderful Time of Learning with Experience Early Learning. We  can’t wait until next Time’s Learning Adventures.
More Back to School Fun Coming
Next Week!

Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments