Treasure Island: Setting Sail

Saturday, June 6, 2020


Treasure Island: Setting Sail

We are so excited to start a brand new theme this month called Treasure Island with Experience Early Learning Curriculum.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge. I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017. 

#ExperienceEarlyLearning

Week One: Setting Sail

Learning About Islands
This week we learned about Islands. 
We learned that Tropical Islands include
coral islands, granite islands and volcanic islands. Greenland 
is the world’s largest island. An Island is a piece of land surrounded completely by water.



What Would You See on an Island?
I asked the children what they thought they would see on an Island?

Some things they told me were:

Coconut Trees
Sand
Exotic Animals 
Volcanoes 
Rivers
Lakes
Fish
Rocks
Caves
 




We then placed some Islands on the Water and the children wrote down things that were on their Islands.







For Creative Corner:
Make & Play 
The Children made a Eye Patch and Spy Glass


 They threaded the eye patch with the yarn and tied a knot. They then tried them on!


 
They were so Cute!



What helps you see things that are far away?

They said looking through a telescope. Climbing up in a tree to see. Looking through a Spyglass. Climbing on top of some rocks to see far away.



They decorated their Spy Glass paper,  then rolled & fastened it with tape. 

Let’s Do a Search Around the Room With Our Spy Glass

They then did a search around the room for different things.
The Cat wasn’t too fond of their search for her. Lol 😂 
😊❤️ She’s never seen a spyglass before! 




Let’s Talk About Island Names
If you discovered a Island what would you name it?

They wrote their Island Names on the Name Plates.
Wow, what  really cool Island Names!



Island Search-They then looked at the World Map and started searching for all the islands on the map.



Drawing Their Own Islands 
I gave them both a large piece a paper to draw and create their own Islands. They labeled them with the Island Name they made up. Their Island Maps were Awesome!

What shape will your Island be?
What will be on your Island?




Number Islands
Number Island Fun
The children loved this fun game. I colored the water blue then 
I added the sand with sea shells counters on a separate tray. 
As they continued to play I added the jewel counters.They loved the extra sensory of sand & water and enjoyed the counters. This was definitely their favorite!






Story Time 

Ahoy ABC
 
This week for story time my granddaughter read AHOY ABC 


Such a cute Alphabet Book included with Treasure Island 🌴  Experience Early Learning! #ExperienceEarlyLearning





 
As she read about the letters she wrote them in the sand.       



We had such a Wonderful Week of Learning with Experience Early Learning. We learned All About 
Treasure Island and can’t wait until next Week’s Learning 
Adventures.
Mrs. Vonda’s Pre-K



Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments