Exploring the Island

Sunday, June 21, 2020




This week we did so many fun Learning Activities with Experience Early Learning Curriculum . Our Theme this month is Treasure Island and this week we learned about Treasure Maps.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use  Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. 
In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge.
I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017. This Curriculum has been a True Blessing for me and my students! ❤️

Learning About Treasure Maps

Today We Learned About  Treasure Maps. First I asked the children some questions about treasure and here is what they had to say. I always look forward to hearing their answers! πŸ˜‚ They make me Laugh and Surprise me sometimes!


Where would you hide treasure?
In a snowy mountain cave.
Under my mattress.


Name a good hiding place in this room.
The cat tree
Behind the painting 
A secret compartment


Why would someone want to hide treasure?
To keep it safe.
To make sure no one gets it.



What would you like to find in a treasure chest?
A Pet Rock.
A Stuffed Animal.
A Magic Conch Shell.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜œ

The children made a cute captain hat to wear for their treasure hunt. This was included in week one of the curriculum but I saved it for today.



After the children made their Captain hats it was time to make a Treasure Map.

Treasure Map

First they were given a blue piece of paper which they crumpled up and then straightened out.


Then they placed their shapes on the map and secured with tape.



Then they added details and symbols on the map.

My granddaughter’s treasure map had one path that led to a boat, a necklace, a dolphin, a diamond necklace and a stuffed animal. She added some sequins as well.




My grandson’s treasure map had 2 paths. Path one had a beach with nothing on it. A key in a hole. A snowy mountain with a treasure.
Path two had a lake with a diamond. Snowy mountain, but it could not be opened without key.


There was more treasure under the flap. They had so much fun creating their treasure maps . They spent a lot of time on the details.


Finding the Jewels Game
Anytime it has anything to do with jewels kids get excited no matter their age. 😊


  
For this game we hid the jewel shapes under the basket. They chose a jewel shape card
and then a jewel shape for a match.If it was a match it went in the treasure basket.





 
Island Hidden Words and the Alphabet Book

With this activity they chose a card from the pile and looked at the picture and identified what letter it started with. They went through their Treasure Island Alphabet book and found the Letter and completed that page.








We had such a Wonderful Week of Learning with Experience Early Learning. We learned All About 
Treasure Maps  and  can’t wait until next Week’s Learning Adventures






Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments