The Coconut Tree

Sunday, June 28, 2020


This week we did so many fun Learning Activities with Experience Early Learning Curriculum . Our Theme this month is Treasure Island and this week we learned about The Coconut Tree.
I am so thankful for the opportunity to use  Experience Early Learning Curriculum with my students and to share our experiences on my blog. 
In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews Experience Early Learning has provided me with the curriculum free of charge.
I have used Experience Early Learning Curriculum in my Classroom since 2017. This Curriculum has been a True Blessing for me and my students! ❤️
 
This summer my grandchildren have been such Wonderful Students! We’ve been having so much fun and making such good memories!

Way Up High 
So this week we learned about Coconut Trees. I asked the children what fruit grows on trees?  They answered with oranges, apples and bananas. I told them there are many more as well.
Such as apricots, cherries, lemons, limes, coconuts, grapefruits, mangoes, nectarines, peaches, pears, persimmons, plums, and pomegranates, to name a few!




Here is a really cute Coconut Tree Rhyme with a little Math Fun I want to share with you.

Way Up High , In The Coconut Tree 🌴
Five Big Coconuts Smiled At Me  πŸ₯₯ πŸ₯₯πŸ₯₯πŸ₯₯πŸ₯₯
I Shook The Tree As Hard As I Could
Down Came A Coconut Hard As Wood πŸ₯₯πŸ₯₯πŸ₯₯πŸ₯₯
OUCH!
The rhyme is so cute! During a regular Pre-K school day we would enjoy it during Circle Time or Music Time.

Some Things About Coconut Trees
A coconut tree is a type of palm tree. A coconut fruit is a drupe. Inside the hard shell of a coconut is soft fleshy fruit and coconut water. Coconuts grow in warm climates such as the Philippines, Indonesia and India.


Coconut Tree Wand Art

We moved on to Art Time - Make & Play and the children made some of the cutest and at the same time funniest πŸ˜‚ looking 
Coconut Tree Wands. We had a really good laugh! 🀣
The trees kept falling over.






For the Coconut Tree Wand the children fringe cut the paper. They wrapped it and the festoon around the tube. They decorated the tube with markers to look like a tree trunk.
Such a fun Treasure Island Art Activity! During a regular Pre-K Day , Art Center is set up During Learning Center Time.

Chicka Chicka Boom Boom

Story Time with my Granddaughter.

Then Making a song out of the words in the book was a lot of fun.

Such a Wonderful Favorite! During a Pre-K Day the children enjoy Story time after lunch. 




Alphabet Tree Game 
Small Group Literacy 


To play this game they would show a letter in the book , say it’s sound then find the letter coconut and put it on the tree. During a regular  school day I would do this with my Pre-K Students during Learning Centers.
They enjoyed this fun game! ABC 🌴πŸ₯₯πŸ₯₯










Falling Coconuts
Number Concepts 

This is a fun hands on math game for children. They can play it with brown playdough. I used brown construction paper as an alternative because I didn’t have playdough. This game will be a hit with pre-k children because they will be having so much fun while they are gaining math skills.

Counting Coconuts and placing them one to one on the dots (counting when touching each dot) teaching one to one correspondence. Place the Hands on Number on Mat to teach Number Recognition.


During a Pre-K Day we would play this game during Learning Centers.


Closing Time
Time for a Little Music and Movement 

Coconut Letter Dance
It’s time for The Coconut Letter Dance.πŸ’ƒπŸŒ΄πŸ₯₯ 
While we play the ABC Song on the Dancing on Alphabet Island CD ,  

For this Dance the children listen to the music and hop along the path as the letters are sung.





More ABC Fun! ! 🌴   On a Pre-K Day we would enjoy this during Music Time! This is a great Letter Recognition Dance.

We had such a Wonderful Week of Learning with Experience Early Learning. We learned All About 
Coconut Trees  and  can’t wait until next Week’s Learning Adventures.
Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments