Birds & Eggs - Nest

Saturday, April 11, 2020
 


This last week was our fourth week to be away from the classroom. If we had been in the classroom this week we would have started on our theme Birds and Eggs-In the Nest.
I sent home learning bags at the beginning of the week for my children for the entire month of April-Birds & Eggs.
The Learning Bags have the daily activities that the children can do at home with their parents.

This Week the topics were :
Nest 
Egg
Hatchling 
Bird food and
Learning to Fly


What We Learned About Birds This Week:
Birds build nests to have a place for their eggs to hatch.The egg colors range from ivory, beige, gray, blue, red, white, green, tan or orange. The oval shaped eggs are most common.
Chicks can take up to 24 hours to hatch. They have an egg tooth to help them break the shell and push out. Breaking out of the shell is called “pipping”.
Most birds eat seeds, insects, plants, fruit and other small animals.
Birds don’t have any teeth so they have to digest their food whole.
Birds have bones that are hollow on the inside like straws and this helps them to fly. Birds protect themselves from land predators by flying.

Even though I used up most of the materials by sending them in the Home Learning Bags , I tried to put the activities together for my grandchildren this weekend.

Some Activities From Week One

Making a Nest
My grandchildren went outside and collected nature items for nests.




Making Nest





Who’s in the Nest?


 
My grandchildren did this using our family names.





Baby Bird Pet











Egg Alphabet 

I modified this game for older children. I placed the plastic eggs around my living room with a letter of the Alphabet inside them. The children took turns getting an egg. They opened it and placed their letter on the game board. Then they drew a number , so then they thought of a word with that many letters that started with that letter of the alphabet
& wrote it down.






They had a wonderful time doing all the activities. 
💚🐣



This week my students picked up their Home Learning Bags. I just had to share this sweet photo! ❤️ She was so Excited!





 #ExperienceEarlyLearning











Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments