Storytime with Penry’s Great Adventure

Sunday, January 7, 2018
With my final post for Winter Wonderland I want to write about our amazing story time. It started with me reading the story Penry’s Great Adventure to Ariana.




As I read to Ariana I would ask her questions throughout the story. She loved the story and found it very exciting.
Upon completion of the story I gave Ariana the story pieces at the table.

She gathered the pieces and the book.

She started moving them around so that she could retell the story.

With the penguin remaining in her hand most of the time as the main character.

She had a really great time using the Story Pieces to retell the story. She was very detailed with her language. She told the story in sequence.
In Sequence- The story’s beginning, the middle of the story and the end.
An important connection of early literacy and early math.
I am going to add a video of her re-telling the story. Hopefully it will attach to the blog.
Thanks to Mother Goose Time for such Wonderful Resources ❤️
Winter Wonderland - December 2017

video below 

This is a shorter version. In the original version she tells the whole story and it is so cute but
the blog will not download it.

https://fortheloveof-teachingprek.blogspot.com/2018/01/blog-post_7.html



Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments