Activities that Foster Empathy in the Classroom

Sunday, January 28, 2018

As I plan activities for this week I am looking for ways to nurture empathy in the classroom.

We have been learning about Dinosaurs this month. As I look through MGT Curriculum it is full of ways to nurture empathy.

One great activity to start with is the Activity: Hatching Eggs 🥚🦕 


This activity encourages following directions,  working together and taking turns .  The children name their pet dinosaur together and discuss how to take care of it.

This activity helps children practice caring for and helping one another.

Another Activity 

Museum Walk  🍖 


The children pretend they work in a museum. At the museum they need to arrange dinosaur 🦕 bones. As part of this activity the children construct their own dinosaur skeletons with different materials. When completed the children go on a museum walk. They will look at all their friends designs and discuss what they noticed about them.

This activity helps children recognize how each person has different ideas and that they can appreciate everyone’s contributions.  

One Final Activity from MGT is :                        

Title-Oops, Sorry 😐.     


Walk like Dinosaurs.🦖 🦕 The Children gently bump into each other . They model how to say appropriate words like “Excuse me” “ I’m Sorry “ and more. I pass out forgiving bracelets for children to wear at the end.

This helps to teach children to respond appropriately and with empathy. ❤️. 

Thank you MGT for helping us to teach our little one’s such important lessons. Empathy is one of the most important lessons of all. Helping others, taking turns, seeing the value in some else’s work and saying kind words. Thanks for another great week!!!! 😍

Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments