Our Visit to the Pumpkin Patch 🎃

Sunday, October 22, 2017

This month in the Dramatic Play Center the children have been visiting the Dramatic Play Pumpkin 🎃 Patch.They have been buying and selling Farmer's Market Goods. The October MGT Box included Pumpkin Patch tickets, a sign and more and I used it with my Pumpkin Patch resources - such as the baskets, playfood and checkout stand. The children love this learning center.
































In Dramatic Play the children pretend they are buying or selling. They take turns. I also printed off play money and I hear them counting it.

The children enjoy the pretend play and the different roles they choose to act out in Dramatic Play.

We have been learning about the changing seasons and the weather. The children know that the current season is Autumn and are enjoying the Fall changes. 



Last week we went to a real Pumpkin Patch. It was a wonderful way to bring it all together. For them to see it all for real. The children were so excited.Here are some photos from our field trip to the Pumpkin Patch.





































In Dramatic Play I Have Observed:
Children using words, actions and props to pretend.
Children distinguishing between real and pretend.
Children playing a role in group dramatic play.

We are Looking forward to another week of Weather All Around Us !

Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments