Our Classroom Routine with Mother Goose Time

Sunday, September 17, 2017
                                                         
                     

With every new school year I look at my classroom schedule to see what I can improve. I ask myself what can be better? I try to learn from every school year to make the next school year the best that it can be.

Sometimes the schedule has to be adjusted according to the current group's needs. I have learned that I have to be very flexible. The schedule needs to alternate without having too many sitting activities together. The children become restless. I find that in the afternoon my children are more restless. We are really needing an afternoon outside time but it is too hot in Texas at this time. Instead we do table games / free play and the children love this. I hope to slowly work in another group activity in the afternoon through the year.

In October's box from Mother Goose Time we received a free gift for smoother transitions and effective routines. I arranged my schedule cards in the 2 photos below.  This is basically a layout of
our schedule.
                                                                           
                                                                         

   The children grow secure in knowing the schedule at school.The parent's receive a copy so that they can become familiar with the schedule and talk about it with their child at home.

Here is what our Day looks like. We do not have a rest time. Our day is very full. In my classroom the children are ages four and five.

As the children arrive in the morning they do table learning games with their friends .           
Hello and Good Morning ! 
          





















Table Activities                      

Morning Journal Writing Activity 






Circle Time / Calendar / Weather 


Outdoor Play Time




Snack Time

Learning Centers / Investigation Stations














Clean up , Lunch and Music



      



We love music Time! I loved Mother Goose Time's Song Cards on the ring . The children do too!


Story Time



Table Games / Free Play

Goodbye and See you soon!  


The children are excited to learn , play , discover and explore every day they come to school. They are excited to see their friends and ready to start their day feeling safe and secure. They are ready to learn in an organized environment with routines / schedules.


Mother Goose Time Resources:

Sample Schedule from Mother Goose Time:





Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments