Amazing September Activities with Mother Goose Time and Using Transitions

Sunday, September 24, 2017
  

 With the start of a new school year I was so excited to look over all the amazing activities in the MGT September box. The children have enjoyed each and every activity that we have done this month. With our school day and activities we have a routine and a daily schedule. With this I also have transitions to help the children ease into new activities throughout the day.



When the Children arrive in the morning they enjoy table learning games with their friends.

To help the children transition to a new activity at this time I simply give them a 5 minute notice that we will be cleaning up in 5 minutes.

With four and five year olds this transition works well and helps to prepare them for the structure of kindergarten.



The children transition to writing at the table after putting away their table game.


When they hear me singing 'Are You Ready' they come to the rug for circle time. They know it is time for us to gather on the rug when they see and hear me singing this song.








After circle time to transition the children to line up sometimes I sing their names.

Sarah, Sarah, please line up                                                        

Willaby Wolloby name rhymes  
                         
 If your name starts with A please line up(and so on)

We then have Outside and Snack Time.

There are really busy times when we are transitioning that I need to get the attention of all the children. I sing to them One Two Three - Eyes on Me and it works 😊 With 16 children this is very important.

After Outside Time and Snack time we have Learning Centers. Below are some of the Activities we have been doing this month during Learning Center Time/Investigation Stations.



X-ray




Friendship Bracelet





 
My Amazing Body


Our Teeth


Handprint Journal


When it is time to close learning centers I do not really like to sing the clean up song. I have found that it has the opposite effect at times.  So I go around to each learning center and I quietly model to the children what to do and how to be a helper . Modeling teaches them how to clean and where to put things. I also hear them telling their friends how to be a helper too.

One of Our Favorite Activities this Month has been -     Brushing Your Teeth - during learning center time.

Brushing Our Teeth - Fun Activities and more




















After Learning Centers it is Lunch/Clean up and Restroom

After Lunch I return to the rug and start singing Music Time Songs and the children join me as they finish their lunch. Music Time is the transition after lunch.

After Music time we transition to line up to go to storytime.

After story time the children choose a table learning game to do with a friend. Parents start arriving after our day at Pre-K ❤️ Our school hours are 8:30-2:30

Another Awesome Day at School with MGT 😍
Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments