Alphabet Island

Thursday, June 29, 2017
We are so excited about the June theme from Mother Goose Time.https://www.mothergoosetime.com/ It is called Alphabet Island. It is filled with the most amazing learning activities all month long. Today I want to share with you our Island Day Fun.



Ariana, what do you think makes boats move?  
Steam can make a boat move. Why do boats have sails? She said because they use the wind to move them to make the boat go left and right.




Row, Row, Row Your Boat
Concepts in Print




Looking For Ii on Alphabet Island - Emergent Writing/ Fine Motor




 There are lots of trees and sand on an island.- Ariana

                                                           


                                                         Looking for Islands-Exploration






Ariana, what helps you see things really far away ?

A spyglass. You see stars with it but not from an airplane. You can see it from a tree house.









 Spyglass- Physical Science/ Drama





Floating alphabet Islands-Scientific Reasoning
Will they sink or will they float when placing items on them?










                             She did see some sink and some did float. She found this exciting.



She had a lot of fun with this game. She finished with her own little game in the end because she enjoyed the water play so much. She pretended the whale was eating the alphabet. I heard her saying the letters of the alphabet as he was eating them. Lol!  :)








Number Islands-Number Concepts

Counting the dots
Matching the number
Removing the Number Islands as they are matched










 Island Names-Emergent Writing and Fine Motor



If you discovered an Island what would you name it?
I would name my island The Beach.  -Ariana



On Ariana's Island paper she made a map. She said the map is to help pirates so they don't get lost. She said that X marks the spot and that is where the treasure is. Then she drew waves in the water and said the waves get so big that you could drown and that's why you have to follow the maps directions. She drew a pink boat in the water on the map because said pink was her favorite color.












Ahoy!ABC-Reading Comprehension

Ariana loved this beautiful book. Wonderful for Letter Recognition and more.

Island Exploring- Listening Comprehension 
An additional activity my granddaughter enjoyed doing.



 Throughout this theme I saw my granddaughter use multiple skills and expand upon what she has learned and go further with the learning experience in different areas on learning. Not only with one learning activity but most of them. It was very exciting. I can't wait until I am using the curriculum in my classroom.

Sharing a few of the resources from this theme:

             Children's Materials and Teaching Materials                      Theme Web


Planning Journal and Teacher Guide              Parent Newsletter and Art Activity




Disclaimer

I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Mother Goose Time has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.









Disclaimer: I am so thankful for the opportunity to use Experience Early Learning formerly Mother Goose Time Curriculum with my students. I can’t wait to share our learning experiences on my blog. In exchange for my unbiased and honest reviews, Experience Early Learning has provided us with the curriculum free of charge.

No comments